Statement of Purpose
At the High Performance Computing facility, we are committed to the following:
- Continuously strive to improve and maintain the availability of high-performance computing resources for the benefit of research and educational programs at the University of Puerto Rico.
- Continuously strive to improve the accessibility of high-performance computing resources through the proper administration of a high-performance network, PRISAnet.
- Continuously strive to aid and facilitate research and educational projects through the availability and, if necessary, implementation, development and/or modification of the best possible software environment.
- Continuously strive to identify, mediate and foster collaborative initiatives in high-performance computing and networking for the benefit of the UPR community.
- Continuously strive to identify, pursue and/or collaborate in federal funding opportunities in Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) for the development and betterment of research and educational programs at the University of Puerto Rico.
- Continuously strive to identify, test, implement and disseminate the forefront of technological developments in OpenSource, high-performance computing and networking software for the benefit of the UPR community.
The High Performance Computing facility of the University of Puerto Rico, is presently developing a technology and service infrastructure for the research and education community of the University, including the following:
- Advanced Research Network
- Core High Performance Computational Resources
- Services in Support of Users of Computational Resources
- Standards and Architecture
- Evaluation of Emerging Technologies
Particular emphasis is made in offering computational and technical resources supporting the PR-EPSCoR and PR-INBRE research thrust areas.
This is the current staff and contact information for the HPCf.
Network Engineer, UPR Internet2 GigaPoP
José C. Bonilla
HPC System Administrator, Postmaster